Mean Chey University, Cambodia
Mean Chey University is one of the public university, established in accordance with the wise leadership of the Royal Government of Cambodia and the initiative of MCU founders, H.E. Ke Kim Yan, Deputy Prime Minister and his wife, Lok Chom Teav Okgna Mao Malai, and with the contribution from local authorities and local and over-sea philanthropies to :
- turn a bloody battle field into a quality human resources training center.
- give opportunities to students in the north-west part of Cambodia to undergo higher education, without leaving their villages and spending much money on travelling, food, and accommodation.
- contribute to the national poverty reduction of the people, complying with the dimension in the rectangular strategies of the Royal Government of Cambodia.
Mean Chey University
- opened its first academic year on 17 March 2008, presided by H.E Sor Kheng Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Interior.
- was officially inaugurated on 04 April 2008 by Samdech Techo Hun Sen, Prime Minister of the Royal Government of Cambodia.
Mean Chey University locates Along National Road 5, Banoy Village, Teurk Thla Commune, Serei Sophoan Town, Banteay Meanchey Province, Cambodia. It is 40Km from Poi Pet City, the border between Cambodia and Thailand , and110 Km from Siem Reap (Angkor Wat) province.
There are 5 faculties in Mean Chey University :
1- Faculty of Arts, Humanity and Language : In this faculty, there are :
- Department of Khmer Literature
- Department of English
- Department of Korean
- Department of Chinese
2- Faculty of Science and Technology : In this faculty, there is :
- Department of Information Technology
3- Faculty of Sociology and Community Development : In this faculty, there is :
- Department of Community Development
4- Faculty Management and Tourism : In this faculty, there are :
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Finance and Banking
- Department of Management
- Department of Marketing.
5- Faculty of Agriculture and Food Processing : In this faculty, there are :
- Department of Agronomy
- Department of Agro-Industry
- Department of Agricultural Machinery Engineering
- Department of Animal Science.